Black Swan Hyperinflation ETFdb Portfolio
The Black Swan Hyperinflation ETFdb Portfolio is inspired by a fund managed by Universa Investments LP that is designed to profit in the event stimulus plans lead to runaway inflation. In 2008, hedge fund manager Mark Spitznagel teamed with Nassim Nicholas Taleb, who once taught Spitznagel at NYU and authored the wildly popular The Black Swan: The Impact of The Highly Improbable. The fund managed by Spitznagel and advised by Taleb made bets on bearish trends and volatility, resulting in a huge payday for investors.
“Black swan” alludes to the once-widespread belief that all swans are white. This theory was proved false when European explorers found black swans in Australia. A black-swan event now refers to something extreme and highly unexpected. In his book, Taleb argued that almost all major scientific discoveries, historical events, and artistic accomplishments were Black Swan Events – completely unexpected but with significant ramifications.
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.