Cheapskate ETFdb Portfolio
The Cheapskate ETFdb Portfolio is designed for investors who wish to construct a well rounded portfolio while keeping a close eye on expenses and minimizing what Vanguard founder Jack Bogle has called “the tyranny of compounded costs.” Some investors are under the misconception that all ETFs are equally cost-efficient; in reality, the differentials between funds that offer generally similar exposure–sometimes between those linked to the same index–can be significant. This portfolio is designed for those with a long-term focus and a buy-and-hold mentality, since its primary focus is to minimize costs over the long run with the implementation of a low-maintenance management strategy. The portfolio is split between 60% allocation to equities, 30% in fixed income, 5% in real estate, and 5% in commodities. That asset allocation can be tweaked based on individual investor risk tolerance; those with a longer time horizon and higher appetite for risk may wish to maintain a higher equity allocation, while those with a greater need for current income and stability may shift towards bonds.
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.