Moderate ETFdb Portfolio
The Moderate ETFdb Portfolio is designed for clients who maintain some degree of risk tolerance and willingness to accept volatility in their investment portfolios, but a desire to avoid excessively risky assets and extreme fluctuations . The risk and return of this ETFdb Portfolio may be ideal for investors interested in growing assets over a relatively long time and willing to accept a moderate amount of volatility in order to do so.
The Moderate ETFdb Portfolio may also be used as a starting point for more active traders without a strong opinion as to the short to intermediate-term performance of the financial markets. As investors become more bullish, a shift towards equities may be appropriate, while a deteriorating outlook may call for a shift into fixed income securities.
This ETFdb Portfolio is inspired by a moderate investment strategy that follows an allocation of roughly 60% equity and 40% fixed income. In addition, although many investors have shied away from real estate investments in recent years, we believe this asset class can still provide valuable return enhancement and diversification benefits (particularly over the long term), and as such have given it a minor 5% allocation (reducing our equity allocation to 55%).
The equity allocation is tilted towards large cap U.S. stocks through IWB, but maintains material weightings in small and mid cap domestic equities, as well as international markets, both emerging and developed. On the fixed income side, this ETFdb Portfolio invests exclusively in government bonds, and maintains a high weighting towards inflation protected securities.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.