While some investors are still understandably leery of using social media to make investment decisions, a number of companies and individuals have given this medium great credibility as a reliable source of financial news and analysis.
Below, we highlight one of these social media sites, picking out the top Google+ pages every ETF investor should follow.
These Google+ pages are primarily focused on all things ETF, including market analysis, industry news, and ETF tips.
1. Investment Company Institute: This G+ page is run by the National Association of U.S. Investment Companies, and includes mutual funds, closed-end funds, ETFs, and UITs. The institute keeps investors up to date with the latest industry news, as well as daily market insights.
2. iShares: Considering the sheer size and success of this popular ETF issuer, investors will want to keep a close eye on iShares’ Google+ page. The issuer runs all of its blog posts on the page, which cover a wide array of topics, including compelling allocation strategies, market trends, and industry analysis.
3. Christian Magoon: Founder of YieldShares and CEO of Magoon Capital, Christian Magoon’s G+ page is certainly worth following. Magoon shares a variety of intriguing articles from around the web, keeping investors up to date with the latest news in the ETF space.
Long-Term & Value Investing
These Google+ pages are tailored towards traditional buy-and-hold investors:
4. Dividends and Income Daily: This Google+ page is run by a website whose mission is to provide free resources to everyday investors looking for safe, yet attractive, income strategies and investments in the current zero-percent yield environment. The site frequently posts in-house articles, which dive into a wide array of dividend topics, including ETFs.
5. Old School Value: This G+ page is run by a husband-and-wife team whose company strives to give investors a wide array of tools and resources to efficiently value and analyze stocks. Their posts include their own articles as well as intriguing articles found around the web.
6. ValueWalk: This G+ page is run by a site dedicated to reporting breaking financial news with an emphasis on value investing, hedge funds, large asset managers, tech news, and business news. ValueWalk posts on its G+ page multiple times a day, featuring all of the articles published on its site.
7. Joe Magyer: This G+ page belongs to Motley Fool and Hidden Gems Australia Advisor Joe Magyer, who specializes in value investing. Magyer posts high quality articles from around the web as well as his own commentary and analyses. He also posts a number of videos featuring market expert commentaries.
Day Trading Experts
These Google+ pages are for more active investors and experienced traders:
8. CME Group: For futures and commodity traders, this G+ is a must follow. The CME Group, which offers investors a wide range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, posts market updates several times throughout the day, as well as special reports, videos, and weekly and monthly updates.
9. CQG, Inc.: This G+ page is run by an industry veteran specializing in high-performance trade routing, global market data, and advanced technical analysis. CQG posts highly educational webinars, market commentary, technical analysis, as well as tips for traders using CQG software.
10. Scottrade: Considering this company is one of the largest online investment firms in the world, its Google+ page is a must read for investors. Scottrade keeps investors up to date with everything they need to know about Scottrade’s services, as well giving great insights into investment strategies and market analysis.
11. TraderPlanet.com: This online trading and investment resource’s Google+ page is chock-full of great tips and tricks for active traders. The site also posts great educational content, as well as Google+ Free Webinars that cover a variety of investment strategies.
12. Forex Day Trading: With over 3,200 followers, this G+ page is a must for investors focused on currency trading. The company, which offers training programs and helps individuals and organizations establish their own brand (white label) in the FX market, regularly posts market commentary and analysis.
13. ETX Capital: This Google+ page is run by a company that provides online platforms for financial spread betting, FX and CFD trading. For more technical traders, this G+ may be highly insightful, as the company frequently posts market commentary and daily videos.
14. Morpheus Trading Group: This G+ page belongs to a well-respected trading group that offers great resources to investors interested in swing trading. The group regularly posts insightful articles and videos on a wide variety of stock and ETF topics.
15. Greg Harmon: This Google+ page belongs to the President and Founder of Dragonfly Capital Management, Greg Harmon, CMT, CFA. Harmon’s posts cover a wide array of topics, including market trends and analysis as well as technical insight.
International Markets Insight
16. EconomyWatch: This well-respected news source’s Google+ page is a great resource for investors wanting to stay up to date with the latest economic developments across the globe. The site regularly posts insightful articles written by well-known economists.
17. Investors Europe Stock Brokers: This G+ page is run by Europe’s largest independently owned offshore stockbroker. The firm posts a variety of articles from around the web that cover finance and economic topics concerning Europe and other countries.
18. QFinance: Run by a network of more than 300 finance professionals, QFinance and its G+ page are a great resource for investors looking to keep up to date with the international corporate world. The company also posts a number of insightful market commentaries and economic analyses.
19. World Economic Forum: With nearly 2 million followers, this Google+ page is one of the most useful resources for investors looking to stay on top of the latest news from around the globe. Posts cover an array of topics, including market and economic analyses, industry insights, and general news.
20. World Bank: Run by one of the biggest institutions in the world, this Google+ page offers investors insights into some of the most popular emerging market economies across the globe. The World Bank also posts articles on the latest socio-economic issues.
21. What Investment: This U.K.-based site focuses on providing investors with daily news and easy-to-read guides on a variety of investing topics. Its G+ page is filled with the site’s most popular articles that cover news stories from around the globe.
22. Jeremy Gordon: This Google+ page belongs to the Founder of China Business Services, a China-focused consulting company. Gordon frequently posts articles from around the web concerning all things China, including market and economic analyses.
These Google+ pages cover a variety of topics and are perfect for investors looking to get a clear picture of the overall market:
23. CNBC: With over 2 million followers on G+ and delivering news to more than 340 million homes worldwide, CNBC is a must for investors. The financial news company posts frequently, keeping investors up to date with what’s happening on the Street.
24. The Wall Street Journal: Another industry giant, the WSJ’s Google+ page is a great resource for investors wanting to stay on top of breaking news. The newspaper giant regularly posts all of its latest articles, which cover a wide array of topics.
25. The Economist: This respected publication’s Google+ page boasts over 4 million followers. The Economist posts highly intriguing and compelling articles for investors wanting to take a closer look under the hood of a variety of economic issues.
26. Bloomberg News: Another great news resource, Bloomberg’s G+ page is chock-full of industry news, corporate insights, and market analysis. The news site’s page also covers a number of breaking news stories.
27. Financial Times: This Google+ page is run by one of the top business news sources in the world. The Financial Times frequently posts videos and articles covering a variety of financial topics.
28. Investopedia: This Google+ page is full of great investor resources, as well as market commentary and analysis. Investopedia also frequently posts educational videos.
29. Jim Cramer: Run by one of the most recognizable faces on CNBC, Jim Cramer’s Google+ page has a great mix of insightful articles and video clips of Mad Money.
30. MarketWatch: With over 350,000 followers, this G+ is a must follow for both active and buy-and-hold traders alike. The page frequently posts the latest breaking news from the Street.
Did we miss anyone? Feel free to let us know if you think there is another valuable account we overlooked!