VPU - Utilities ETF
Description: The index consists of large, medium-size, and small U.S. companies in the utilities sector. This sector is made up of those companies considered electric, gas, or water utilities, or companies that operate as independent producers and/or distributors of power. The sector includes both nuclear and nonnuclear facilities.
VPU - Profile
VPU - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Duke Energy Corporation DUK: 8.05%
- Dominion Resources Inc D: 6.48%
- NextEra Energy Inc NEE: 6.40%
- Southern Co SO: 6.01%
- Exelon Corp EXC: 4.19%
- American Electric Power Co Inc AEP: 3.94%
- Sempra Energy SRE: 3.53%
- PPL Corp PPL: 3.28%
- PG&E Corp PCG: 3.19%
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc PEG: 2.99%
VPU Asset Allocation
VPU Sector Breakdown
VPU Market Cap Breakdown
VPU Region Breakdown
VPU Country Breakdown
VPU - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VPU - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VPU relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VPU - Fundamentals
VPU Expenses & Fees
VPU - Technicals
VPU Bollinger Bands
VPU Support & Resistance
VPU - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VPU is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate MSCI US Investable Market Utilities 25/50 Index. The index consists of large, medium-size, and small U.S. companies in the utilities sector. This sector is made up of those companies considered electric, gas, or water utilities, or companies that operate as independent producers and/or distributors of power. The sector includes both nuclear and nonnuclear facilities.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
VPU Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VPU on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Utilities Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VPU Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VPU, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VPU's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VPU
This Vanguard ETF offers exposure to the domestic utilities sector, a corner of the U.S. market that has historically exhibited low volatility and often features an attractive distribution yield. As a sector-specific ETF, VPU is probably more appealing to investors looking to establish a shorter-...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.