With increasing volatility in the markets and a plethora of daily actionable news events, next week’s Morningstar Investment Conference is shaping up to be quite an exciting affair.
According to the independent investment research firm, the conference will be: “Featuring five tracks, Active, Passive, Outcome-Oriented Investing, Practice Management, and—new this year—Solutions, the conference brings together the financial industry’s brightest and most influential minds to discuss the latest developments on financial advice, share new perspectives on the market, and offer ideas to put in to practice to better serve investors.”
The annual Morningstar conference runs from May 8-10, 2019, and will be located in the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
Morningstar events are always enlightening, and include some of the investment community’s most respected and anticipated financial gurus, who lead conferences and workshops that draw thousands of attendees each year from across the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada. Offering a wealth of information from these leading financial experts, Morningstar events unite investment advisors, asset managers, other industry professionals, and individual investors to discuss key financial topics and timely investment strategies.
“We continue to believe there’s never been a better—or more important—time for great advice, particularly as investors are demanding that advice providers deliver more value to earn their fees,” said Kunal Kapoor, chief executive officer at Morningstar. “For 35 years, Morningstar has upheld our commitments to independence and putting investors first. Our conference agenda addresses the industry’s most pressing topics, from the complex world of fixed-income, to climate-aware investing, to the latest conversations about retirement and healthcare.”
This year’s conference includes a diverse selection of keynote speakers including:
- Cliff Asness, founder, managing principal and chief investment officer, AQR Capital Management
- Sonal Desai, executive vice president and chief investment officer, Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group
- Doris Kearns Goodwin, presidential historian and Pulitzer Prize-winning author
- Morgan Housel, partner, Collaborative Fund
- Kunal Kapoor, chief executive officer, Morningstar
- Daniel Needham, chief investment officer, Morningstar Investment Management
- Emmanuel “Manny” Roman, chief executive officer and managing director, PIMCO
- Boyd Varty, life coach, wildlife and literacy activist
The Morningstar Investment Conference costs $900 per person, which includes all sessions, two breakfasts, two lunches, and two receptions. Registration is available online at http://www.morningstar.com/company/MIC.